What, no Peeps?Ranker.com, a platform that hosts thousands and thousands of crowdsourced answers to opinion-based questions, has collected nearly 2,000 votes on The Best Easter Candy of All Time. Here are their results:
- Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs
- Cadbury Creme Egg
- Cadbury's Mini Eggs
- Easter Pastel M&M's
- Hershey's Solid Milk Chocolate Eggs
- Cadbury Caramel Egg
- Jelly Belly
- Whoppers Robin Eggs
- Lindt Chocolate Bunny
- Snickers Egg
Christ is Risen (from around the world)
- Albanian: Khrishti unjal! Vertet unjal!
- Arabic: El Messieh kahml Hakken kahm!
- Armenian: Kristos haryav ee merelotz! Orhnial ch harootyunuh kristosee!
- Byelorussian: Khristos uvoskros! Zaprowdu uvoskros!
- Coptic: - Christos anesti! Alithos anesti!
- English: Christ is risen! Indeed He is risen!
- Finnish: Kristus nousi Kuolleista!
- French: Le Christ est ressuscite! Kriste ahzdkhah! En verite il est ressuscite!
- Georgian: Kriste ahzdkhah! Chezdmaridet!
- German: Christus ist erstanden! Wahrlicit ist er erstanden!
- Greek: Christos anesti! Alithos anesti!
- Japanese: Harisutosu Siochatsu! Makoto-ni Siochatsu!
- Latin: Christus resurrexit! Vere resurrexit!
- Latvian: Kristus ir augsham sales! Teyashant ir augsham sales vinsch!
- Polish: Khristus zmartvikstau! Zaiste smartvikstau!
- Romanian: Cristos ainviat! Adeverat a inviat!
- Russian: Khristos voskrese! Voistinu voskrese!
- Serbian: Christos vaskres! Vaistinu vaskres!
- Slavonic: Khristos voskrese! Voistinu voskrese!
- Spanish: Christos ha resucitado! En verdad ha resucitado!
- Ukrainian: Khristos voskres! Voistinu voskres!
Easter Trivia Quiz
- Who makes the most expensive jeweled eggs?
- In the Dr. Seuss books, what color eggs doesn't Sam like
- In the song "Here comes Peter Cottontail" who does he have colored eggs for?
- What do you call a female rabbit?
- What dance is commonly done at Easter Time?
- Who co-starred with Judy Garland in Easter Parade?
- Rabbits with long floppy ears can't hear as well as rabbits with ears straight up. True or False?
- It is considered bad luck to not buy at least one new article of clothing at Easter. True or False?
- What distinguishes Ukrainian Easter Eggs for regular Easter Eggs?
- Purple is a common color for Easter. In the ancient world where did the purple dye come from?
- What does the word Lent mean?
- In some European Countries they squirt this on passers by to wish them a Happy Easter. What do they squirt on them?
- What kind of tail does the Easter Bunny have?
- In the song Here Comes Peter Cotton Tail who does he have jelly beans for?
- What do you call marshmallow candy that looks like chickens?
- In the song Easter Parade what Avenue do they walk down?
- What is the origin of the word Easter?
- Where did the tradition of the visiting Easter Bunny come from?
- How did Easter Island get its name?
- Which country had an armed uprising which started on Easter Sunday, 1916?
- When did the White House lawn first start the Easter Egg Hunt that is still carried on today?
Passover SederIf you're wondering why Jews all over the world began eating matzo on Monday night, April 14th, at a big family dinner, I will tell you why.
Keeping Up With Maury
Everyone thinks that all this holiday is about is eating matzo having this big dinner with a lot of ritual taking place not realizing how much more is involved.
Read the rest of Keeping Up With Maury
ClevelandSeniors.Com Joke of the Week - Easter BunnyA man is driving along a highway and sees a rabbit jump out across the middle of the road. He swerves to avoid hitting it, but unfortunately the rabbit jumps right in front of the car.
The driver, a sensitive man as well as an animal lover, pulls over and gets out to see what has become of the rabbit. Much to his dismay, the rabbit is
the Easter Bunny, and he is DEAD.
The driver feels so awful that he begins to cry. A woman driving down the highway sees the man crying on the side of the road and pulls over. She steps out of the car and asks the man what's wrong.
"I feel terrible," he explains, "I accidentally hit the Easter Bunny with my car and KILLED HIM."
The woman says,"Don't worry."
She runs to her car and pulls out a spray can. She walks over to the limp, dead Easter Bunny, bends down, and sprays the contents onto him.
The Easter Bunny jumps up, waves its paw at the two of them and hops off down the road.
Ten feet away he stops, turns around and waves again, he hops down the road another 10 feet, turns and waves, hops another ten feet,
turns and waves, and repeats this again and again and again and again, until he hops out of sight.
The man is astonished. He runs over to the woman and demands, "What is in that can? What did you spray on the Easter Bunny ?"
The woman turns the can around so that the man can read the label. It says..
(Are you ready for this?) (You know you're gonna be sorry)
It says, "Hair Spray - Restores life to dead hair, and adds permanent wave."
Did you ever notice?The gap between the "K" and the "I" is a sideways chocolate kiss.
AJC 11th annual Global Leadership SederThe 11th Annual AJC (American Jewish Committee) inter-faith Diplomatic Seder was held at Anshe Chesed Fairmount Temple in Beachwood.
Each spring, when the world of nature renews itself, the Jewish people reflect upon their emergence from slavery and the meaning of freedom. Our ancestors have celebrated the Passover Seder, with its rich ceremonies, folk songs, and colorful symbols for thousands of years. Through our ritual retelling of the story of Egyptian bondage, we are reminded of the continuing battle for freedom in every generation.
Several speakers were asked to talk about 'What Freedom means to me.'
An orange was placed on the Seder plate because it was once said the idea of women as rabbis is as farfetched as oranges on the seder plate.
Photos and Videos from the AJC Seder
The world can learn from ClevelandThe 2014 Cleveland Cultural Garden Federation officer induction ceremony was held at the Ariel International Center in Cleveland. Ariel is now the business home of the Federation.
Photos and videos of The Cultural Gardens Induction Ceremony
As this photo shows, the peaceful philosophy of the Cultural Gardens endures even when the rest of the world does not.
Russia and Ukraine Garden delegates shake hands in front of their flags
United States Air Force Honor Guard in Cleveland
There was a very special guest at the 2014 Cleveland Saint Patrick's Day Parade. The United States Air Force Honor Guard Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington DC marched in the 2014 St. Patrick's Day Parade in Cleveland Ohio.
The mission of the U.S. Air Force Honor Guard is to represent Airmen to the American Public and the World. The vision of the USAF Honor Guard is to ensure a legacy of Airmen who: promote the mission; protect the standards; perfect the image; and preserve the heritage.
Before the Parade began, the Honor Guard drilled on a side street.
US Air Force Honor Guard
See the US Air Force Honor Guard in the Cleveland St Patrick's Day Parade.
Easter Trivia Quiz - Answers
- Carl Faberge
- Green eggs (and ham)
- A doe
- The Bunny Hop
- Fred Astaire
- They (pysanka) are highly and intricately decorated with wax and dye
- Crushed shells from the Mediterranean Sea
- Lengthening of Days
- 5th Avenue
- Eostre is an ancient goddess of dawn
- A German fable about coloring eggs so they could be identified in a famine
- It was discovered on Easter Sunday in 1772
- 1878 under Rutherford B. Hayes
ClevelandSeniors.Com Book of the Week
Flash Boys is about a small group of Wall Street guys who figure out that the U.S. stock market has been rigged for the benefit of insiders and that, post–financial crisis, the markets have become not more free but less, and more controlled by the big Wall Street banks. Working at different firms, they come to this realization separately; but after they discover one another, the flash boys band together and set out to reform the financial markets. This they do by creating an exchange in which high-frequency trading—source of the most intractable problems—will have no advantage whatsoever.
The characters in Flash Boys are fabulous, each completely different from what you think of when you think “Wall Street guy.” Several have walked away from jobs in the financial sector that paid them millions of dollars a year. From their new vantage point they investigate the big banks, the world’s stock exchanges, and high-frequency trading firms as they have never been investigated, and expose the many strange new ways that Wall Street generates profits.
The light that Lewis shines into the darkest corners of the financial world may not be good for your blood pressure, because if you have any contact with the market, even a retirement account, this story is happening to you. But in the end, Flash Boys is an uplifting read. Here are people who have somehow preserved a moral sense in an environment where you don’t get paid for that; they have perceived an institutionalized injustice and are willing to go to war to fix it.
Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt
Dr. Love and and My Kidney Stone The past ten days have been hard and bad. Suddenly I begin to know that I am mortal. You go through life and never have any major medical crises and you think, "I am not vulnerable. I am immortal."
A tiny stone makes Joe realize he is mortal
by Joseph Patrick Meissner
"Others go to the hospital. Others need their doctor every month. Others are hypochondriacs. They are not strong like me."
"Others take 22 pills a day, but my Dad at age 102 took no medications and I will be like him. My body is good even in my seventies. I still can shovel the snow in the driveway and drive alone all the way to Columbus and back."
These are my arrogant thoughts.
Then something happens.
Read the rest of the story
ClevelandSeniors.Com Special offer of the Week